A downloadable game
A Mini Retro Puzzle for DOS, the PSP and 3DS (Homebrew)
A simple puzzle game. Initially it fit into just 8 KiB, then grew to 16 KiB and then 23 KiB, now it's a 25 KiB file for DOS, the 3DS version is 242 KiB and the PSP version is 640 KiB (due to homebrew packing in lots of standard library files; the size could be optimized, but I decided not to).
How to play: There are 2x2-blocks falling down the top, with two different colors. Use LEFT/RIGHT/DOWN to move the block and use UP to rotate it. Use SPACE to drop the block (it will fall fast until it lands).
- DOS: Just start LOON8R50.EXE from anywhere
- 3DS: Copy the file to "3ds/Loonies8192/Loonies8192.3dsx" on the SD card, creating folders as necessary (optionally also copy Loonies8192.smdh)
- PSP: Copy "EBOOT.PBP" and "PARAM.SFO" to PSP/GAME/Loonies8192 on your memory stick, creating folders as necessary (both files are needed)
For the 3DS, you need to be running the Homebrew Launcher, for the PSP you need to install Custom Firmware (CFW). For DOS, you just need a Retro PC or DOSBox, PCem or similar emulators that emulate a DOS VGA machine.
DOS PSP 3DS --- --- --- Left/Right/Up/Down ARROWS D-PAD D-PAD Accept/Drop SPACE X (CROSS) A Exit/Abort ESCAPE START START
By default, Loonies 8192 has synthesized sound built in, but it's possible to also use CD-quality audio files. Download the "Loonies 8192 Sound Pack", and put the WAV files on an Audio CD (for DOS) or in the game folders for PSP and 3DS to upgrade your sound experience to fully sampled 16-bit audio!
There's in-game help now on how to play the game. You can configure the language, soundtrack and difficulty level in the options menu. For DOS, the options menu also allows to choose between PC Speaker, OPL-2, MIDI and CDDA.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- New build for DOS, PSP and 3DS85 days ago
- VGA sync fixes in r4586 days ago
- CD-Audio support, PC Speaker and super optimised for 286+Sep 05, 2018
- Developing for VGA + OPL-2 is funJul 05, 2018
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.