A downloadable game for Windows, Linux, and Android
A retro-inspired block puzzle game, featuring FM synthesis and a 256-color graphics mode with color cycling, but adapted for wide screen, touch inputs and other modern amenities.
This is an enhanced version of Loonies 8192, a game that has been ported to quite a few platforms. This enhanced version focuses on better music and more variety in the visual artwork department (new backgrounds, new tiles, new color schemes).
Project webpage: https://thp.io/2021/loonies/
- Added scanlines and fullscreen options for DOS
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Loonies 21.0.0 for Windows (32-bit) 713 kB
Loonies 21.0.0 for PS Vita 798 kB
Loonies 21.0.0 for Linux (x86_64 Flatpak) 270 kB
Loonies 21.0.0 for Android (updated) 2 MB
Loonies 21.0.1 for DOS (32-bit/DJGPP) 276 kB
Also available on
- Version 21.0.1 for DOS: Scanlines and fullscreenJan 03, 2022
- Now also available for iOS and Fire TVDec 30, 2021
- Android build updatedDec 28, 2021
- Linux (Flatpak) version available nowDec 27, 2021
- PS Vita port now available for downloadDec 24, 2021
- Loonies 21.0.0 releasedDec 23, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is a lot more fun than I expected! Lots of cool backgrounds and tile changes to keep things interesting, solid gameplay, good pace. Not too keen on the music, but I appreciate that it's optional!
I played the 8192 version on gba and it is amazing. Please port this version too.
It seems like it's identical to Lumines from PSP, but it looks amazing!